- Slow cooker Chipotle BBQ Chicken Meatballs
- 2 lbs ground chicken
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tbsp Acala Farms Fresh Roasted Garlic Cottonseed Oil
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup white onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 bottle (28 oz barbecue sauce)
- 1/2 cup orange juice (with pulp preferred)
- 2 tbsp Acala Farms Smokey Chipotle Cottonseed Oil
- Set oven to broil
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, 1 tbsp Garlic Oil, bread crumbs, onion, salt, and pepper
- Add ground chicken and mix until combined
- Grease 2 cookie sheets with remaining Garlic Oil
- Scoop about 2 tbsp of the chicken mixture to form meatballs and place on cookie sheets
- Broil in oven for 8 minutes, rotation meatballs halfway through
- Transfer meatballs to slow cooker
- Add bottle of barbecue sauce, orange juice and Smokey Chipotle Oil
- Gently toss meatballs in sauce until well distributed and coated
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours
- Serve either directly from slow cooker or remove meatballs and serve with toothpicks on a platter
- Chipotle Huevos Rancheros
- Best-ever hummus
- Sauteed Chicken Breast with Honey Chipotle BBQ Sauce
- Cereal Snack Mix
- Kansas City-Style Barbeque Sauce
- Chipotle Aioli
- Smoky Chipotle Beer-Cheese Soup
- Chipotle Grilled Chicken Breast with Blueberry-Peach Salsa
- For the marinade: Combine the pure cottonseed oil, smoky chipotle cottonseed oil, blueberries, juice, fresh roasted garlic cottonseed oil, and oregano in a blender; purée until smooth. Add the lime juice and salt and pour into a Ziploc bag; add the chicken breasts and rub to coat. Seal and marinate, refrigerated, for at least 60 minutes.
- For the salsa: While the chicken is marinating, combine the ingredients for the salsa and mix to combine; season to taste. Let sit for at least 30 minutes to combine the flavors. The salsa can be made up to a day ahead of time.
- To finish the dish: Preheat the grill to medium and remove the chicken from the marinade. Pat off any excess and grill the chicken on both sides until cooked through, about 10 minutes. Let the chicken rest in a warm area before slicing.
- Serve chicken sliced over a bed of rice pilaf and your favorite seasonal vegetable, garnished with the blueberry salsa.
- Smoked Turkey & Grilled Corn Salad
Slow cooker Chipotle BBQ Chicken Meatballs
Chipotle Huevos Rancheros
Recipe courtesy of Shelby B. • DePere, Wisconsin INGREDIENTS 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons Acala Farms Smoky Chipotle Cottonseed Oil 4 chicken sausages, diced 1/2 cup salsa, any variety 4 large eggs 1/2 cup cheddar jack cheese, shredded 1 Haas avocado, diced 4 6-inch corn tortillas, warmed METHOD Warm two teaspoons Acala Farms Smoky Chipotle Cottonseed Oil in medium skillet, add salsa and simmer 1 minute. Add chicken sausages and simmer for another 5 minutes, until the sausages are heated through. Heat remaining oil in separate medium skillet. Fry the eggs over-easy, salt and pepper to taste. Layer fried eggs, salsa mixture, cheddar jack and avocados on warm tortillas and serve with fresh fruit.
Quick and easy, this tasty and good-for-you hummus recipe will leave everyone begging for more. To make with other flavors, simply swap your favorite Acala Farms Flavor-infused Cottonseed Oil for the one listed here. Try them all. Serve with crackers and veggies for a great, healthy, anytime snack.
INGREDIENTS1 12-oz can garbanzo beans (Chickpeas), drained 1/3 cup water 3 Tbsp. Acala Farms Fried Shallot Cottonseed Oil Kosher salt to taste
METHODPlace all ingredients into the bowl of a food processor, cover and blend until creamy smooth. Garnish with crisp red pepper slices and serve.
Sauteed Chicken Breast with Honey Chipotle BBQ Sauce
Recipe from Marriott Executive Chef Donald Hoffman as featured at the Cotton Research and Promotion Program Press Event
2013 Beltwide Cotton Conferences San Antonio, TexasChicken breast
INGREDIENTS8 oz. chicken breast 1T Acala Farms Fresh Roasted Garlic Cottonseed Oil Salt and pepper to taste
METHODHeat 1 tablespoon of Acala Farms Garlic Cottonseed Oil in a sauce pan and sauté chicken breast on both sides until cooked 165 Degrees in the center Remove and slice. _________________________________________ Honey Chipotle BBQ Sauce
INGREDIENTS1 cup of ketchup 1 teaspoon Acala Farms Smoky Chipotle Cottonseed Oil 1 tablespoon honey 1 teaspoon Worchester Sauce 1 teaspoon Molasses
METHODMix all ingredients together and spoon over warm chicken breast in pan. Cook until heated through and serve.
Cereal Snack Mix
The addition of your favorite Acala Farms Cottonseed Oil is a new twist on a favorite snack. * Fresh Roasted Garlic, Smoky Chipotle, Jalapeno-Lime or any of the Acala Farms Flavor-infused oils may be used. Choose your favorite, then share the flavor and share the fun. INGREDIENTS 3 cups Corn squares cereal 3 cups Rice squares cereal 3 cups Wheat squares cereal 1 cup peanuts 1 cup bite-size pretzels 4 T butter or margarine 2 T Acala Farms Fresh Roasted Garlic Cottonseed Oil* 2 T Worcestershire sauce 1 1/2 tsp seasoned salt METHOD Heat oven to 250°F. In large bowl, mix cereals, nuts, pretzels and bagel chips; set aside. In ungreased large roasting pan, melt butter in oven. Stir in oil and seasonings. Gradually stir in cereal mixture until evenly coated. Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread on paper towels to cool, about 15 minutes. Store in airtight container.
Kansas City-Style Barbeque Sauce
INGREDIENTS2 cups orange juice 2 cups ketchup 1 cup brown sugar ⅔ cup cider vinegar ½ cup yellow mustard ⅓ cup Worcestershire sauce ¼ cup steak sauce ¼ cup lemon juice ¼ cup molasses 2 tablespoons chili powder 2 teaspoons Acala Farms Smoky Chipotle Cottonseed Oil 2 teaspoons onion powder 1 teaspoon orange zest 1/2 teaspoon Acala Farms Fresh Roasted Garlic Cottonseed Oil 1 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon ground ground black pepper Yield: 1 ½ quarts
METHODPlace orange juice in small saucepan. Bring to simmer; cook over medium heat until reduced to one-third of original volume. Add remaining ingredients and bring to simmer; remove from heat and cool. Serving Suggestion: Serve with chicken, pork or beef. Baste meat with barbecue sauce during last 5 to 10 minutes of cooking; serve additional sauce on the side.
INGREDIENTS 2 cups mayonnaise 1 Tbsp. Acala Farms Smoky Chipotle Cottonseed Oil 1/4 cup red wine vinegar 1 Tbsp. brown sugar 1Tbsp honey Salt and white pepper to taste METHOD In a bowl mix mayonnaise, Acala Farms Smoky Chipotle Cottonseed Oil, vinegar, sugar and honey. Beat on low speed for 1-2 minutes with hand mixer. Add salt & pepper to taste. Serve on sandwiches, as dip for vegetables or as sauce for baked fish or chicken.
Smoky Chipotle Beer-Cheese Soup
INGREDIENTS For croutons: Sourdough bread cut into 1/2" pieces 1/4 cup Acala Farms Pure Cottonseed Oil For soup: 14/ cup Apple smoked bacon, diced 1/2 cut yellow onion, diced 1/2 cup green pepper, diced 5 Tbsp. butter 6 Tbsp. flour 4 cups chicken stock 11 oz. light beer 1 cup heavy cream 1 bay leaf 1/2 tsp. dry mustard 6 oz. cheddar cheese, grated 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, ground 1 Tbsp. Acala Farms Smoky Chipotle Cottonseed Oil Salt and pepper to taste
|1||Make Croutons: Toss cubed sourdough with Acala Farms Pure Cottonseed Oil.Spread on a cookie sheet and bake in a 350°F oven for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown. Reserve.|
|2||Combine beer, chicken stock and heavy cream in a large sauce pot and bring to a simmer. Turn off and reserve.|
|3||Add butter to the pot and melt. Add bacon, onion and green pepper and sauté until bacon is cooked and onion and pepper are tender. Add flour and dry mustard. Stir to form a paste. Add beer, stock, cream mixture about a cup at a time, stirring to a smooth consistency each time before adding more. Season with salt and pepper, add bay leaf. Simmer over low heat for 5 minutes.|
|4||Whisk in Cheddar and Parmesan cheeses until melted. Simmer over low heat for an additional 30 minutes. Finish by drizzling with Acala Farms Smoky Chipotle Cottonseed Oil and garnish with sourdough croutons.|
Chipotle Grilled Chicken Breast with Blueberry-Peach Salsa
|1/4 cup Acala Farms Pure Cottonseed Oil|
|1/4 cup Blueberries, fresh|
|3 Tbsp. Blueberry juice|
|2T Acala Farms Smoky Chipotle Cottonseed Oil|
|1T Acala Farms Fresh Roasted Garlic Cottonseed Oil|
|1 Tbsp. Oregano, minced|
|2 Tbsp. Lime juice|
|8 Chicken breast, skinless|
|1 Cup Blueberries, fresh|
|1/2 Cup Peaches, fresh or frozen, diced|
|2 Tbsp. Acala Farms Pure Cottonseed Oil oil|
|2 Tbsp. Lime juice|
|1 Tbsp. Shallot, minced|
|1 Tbsp. Acala Farms Jalapeño-Lime Cottonseed Oil|
|1/2 tsp. Kosher salt|
|1/4 tsp. Cayenne pepper|
Smoked Turkey & Grilled Corn Salad
This wonderfully smoky summer salad makes a perfect lunch or light dinner. MAKE AHEAD: This salad can be made and refrigerated a day in advance. 6 servings (4-1/2 to 5 cups) INGREDIENTS: 3 ears corn, husks removed • 8 oz. smoked boneless, skinless chicken or turkey breast, cut into 3/4-inch long, 1/4-inch thick matchsticks. • 1/3 cup raisins, coarsely chopped • 1 medium carrot, grated or 1/2 cup grated carrots • 4 or 5 large scallions, white and light green parts, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup) • 3 Tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley • 2 Tbsp Apple cider vinegar • 1 Tbsp honey • 1 tsp dijon-style mustard • 2 Tbsp Acala Farms Smoky Chipotle cottonseed oil •Salt • Freshly ground black pepper DIRECTIONS Prepare the grill for direct heat. If using a gas grill, preheat to medium-high (450 degrees). Rinse the ears of corn and wrap individually, still damp, in aluminum foil. Transfer to the grill, cover and cook for 20 minutes, rotating the packets every 5-7 minutes until each ear is tender and lightly browned in some areas. Allow the corn to cool in the foil for 10 minutes then unwrap it. When the ears are cool enough to handle, cut the kernels from the cobs. Discard cobs and place kernels in a large bowl. Add the turkey, raisins, carrot, scallions and parsley. Whisk together the vinegar, honey, mustard and oil in a bowl until it forms an emulsified dressing. Season with salt & pepper to taste. Pour over the turkey mixture and toss. Taste, adjust seasonings as needed. Let the salad sit 15 minutes before serving or refrigerate until ready to serve.