- Bacon Beer Cheese Dip
- 6 strips of bacon
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 bottle amber beer
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 tsp Acala Farms Hot Habanero Cottonseed Oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large frying pan, cook bacon to liking. Remove and set aside, tearing into bits once cooled. Leave bacon grease in pan
- Whisk in flour for 1 minute
- Slowly add beer until simmering and thickened, then add mustard
- Reduce heat to low, then add cream cheese
- Once cream cheese is evenly mixed, add shredded cheese one cup at a time until all melted
- stir in salt, pepper, Hot Habanero Oil and 3/4 of bacon
- garnish with remaining bacon bits, serve immediately
- Watermelon Salad with Pecorino Cheese & Hot Habanero
- Louisiana Crawfish Bisque
- Reserved crawfish shells
- 1-2 Tbsp. Acala Farms Fresh Roasted Garlic Cottonseed Oil
- 1 cup Onions, large dice
- 3/4 cup Celery, large dice
- 1/2 cup Green peppers, large dice
- 3/4 cup Tomatoes, large dice
- 1 ea Bay leaf
- 3 ea Thyme, fresh, whole sprigs
- 2 tsp Black peppercorn, whole
- 3 lb Louisiana Crawfish Tails, raw, peeled, shells reserved for stock
- 4 qt Crawfish stock*
- 1 cup White wine
- 1 1/4 lb Butter, unsalted
- 5 cups Flour
- 3 cups Onions, small dice
- 2 cups Celery, small dice
- 1 cup Green bell peppers, small dice
- 1 cup Red bell peppers, small dice
- 1 qt Tomato puree, canned
- 5 cups Heavy cream, divided
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne
- 2 tsp Acala Farms Hot Habanero Cottonseed Oil
- 6 sprigs Thyme, fresh
- 4 ea Bay leaves
- 2 cups Green onions, chopped
- 1 cup Parsley, chopped
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 6 cups White rice, cooked
- To make crawfish stock, place crawfish shells in large stock pot and cover with water. Add Acala Farms Fresh Roasted Garlic Cottonseed Oil, onions, celery, green peppers, tomatoes, bay leaves, thyme and peppercorns. Bring to simmer and cook for 45 minutes. Strain and cool until ready to use. Can be made 1 day in advance.
- Bring Louisiana Crawfish stock and white wine to a boil in a large sauce pot. Remove from heat and reserve.
- Melt butter in large pot over medium heat. Add flour and stir constantly over heat until roux becomes light brown. Add onions, celery, green and red bell peppers and garlic. Cook for 5-6 minutes, until vegetables are tender. Add tomato puree and stir to combine.
- Add crawfish stock 1 quart at a time, whisking until soup is completely smooth before adding next quart of stock. Once all stock has been added, add heavy cream, paprika, cayenne, Acala Farms Hot Habanero Cottonseed Oil, fresh thyme and bay leaves. Cover, lower heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add crawfish tails, green onions and parsley to soup. Cook additional 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper and remove bay leaves.
- Ladle soup into appetizer or entrée bowls and place large spoonful of white rice in middle of each.
- Vegetable Lasagna
- 1 regular eggplant, cut into 1/4 “ slices
- 2 portabella mushrooms, cut into ¼” slices
- 1 large green bell pepper, cored and cut into 1” wide slices
- 1 or 2 large russet potato, peeled and cut into ¼” slices
- ¼ to ½ cup of Acala Farms Pure Cottonseed Oil with 1 or 2 drops of Acala Farms Hot Habanero Cottonseed Oil mixed in. Add a drop at a time more and mix to suit your taste, if you like more heat. Just remember, the heat will increase a little after cooking and sitting overnight.
- 16 ounce container of ricotta cheese
- 2 or more cups of fresh mozzarella cheese (fresh cut up for layering) or shredded mozzarella
- About 32 ounces of store bought or homemade pasta/marinara sauce (with or without meat)
- Sautee over medium heat, the sliced vegetables in a large skillet using the oil until browned. Set aside on absorbent toweling until all vegetables are browned. Alternatively, brush a baking sheet with the oil…brush each side of the vegetable slices and brown under the broiler on each side. Careful not to burn.
- Lightly oil the9” x 13” baking pan.
- Spread a thin layer of sauce on the bottom.
- Spread a layer of potatoes and top with another layer of sauce.
- Top with spoonsful of ricotta and mozzarella. Lightly season with salt and fresh ground pepper (optional).
- Layer all of the other vegetables and repeat the process until all the ingredients are used.
- End with a layer of the sauce and cheeses.
- Bake uncovered for about 30 - 40 minutes or until top is bubbling.
Bacon Beer Cheese Dip
Watermelon Salad with Pecorino Cheese & Hot Habanero
Recipe from Marriott Executive Chef Donald Hoffman as featured at the Cotton Research and Promotion Program Press Event
2013 Beltwide Cotton Conferences San Antonio, TexasCut seedless watermelon into small wedge Shave Pecorino Cheese 1 small mint leaf for garnish Drops to taste – Acala Farms Hot Habanero Cottonseed Oil
Louisiana Crawfish Bisque
Thanks to Karen Nikitopoulos from the Georgia Cotton Commission for this recipe 9” x 13” baking pan - Preheat oven to 350 ̊ INGREDIENTS